Wednesday 9 January 2013

The Beginning of this Latin Wanderer


I have always liked writing, but not really like any of the official kind of writing with footnotes added and such. It suits me very well that we will be writing for the world, (not that that is my cup of tea) but we as individuals are here for the world. Yes, I have always believed in the power of one, so I base my writing off of that belief.

Throughout my growing up years, I have happened upon many opportunities that revolved around the Latin and South American cultures. Since growing up, my father whom served a mission in Bolivia spoke Spanish at times and even showed us artifacts from his time serving there. With time I had the opportunity to travel back with him and other family members to complete a handful of humanitarian trips. People of that culture were so good. Often their goodness permeated with gratitude to us, though in perspective we didn't do a lot, but I will always remembered their warmth. It could have been found in an embrace, smile, fiesta or almost always gifts of food. During those years I was also able to visit Panama, Peru, Argentina, Brazil, and Dominican Republic. Several years later I was able to add the gift of learning Spanish to those past experiences I had serving as a missionary which only strengthened my respect and admiration for these cultures south of the border.

I never planned any of that. But that is what makes life—life, to see what it unravels for us.
That has always been my marrow of life. The itch to travel and wander and learn how others make it in life; how they show love, how they celebrate, how they reverence, and what is truly important to them.

With a bit of background of the peoples of South and Latin America, in this class I wanted to increase on what I already knew so I could more fully develop my knowledge of these peoples and put it to good use in this world of inspiring mixed ideas and cultures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment